A classic hearty combination of comfort foods, minus the pie crust.
- 1 pound ground turkey, dehydrated
- 12 ounces of Mixed Vegetables, dehydrated (corn, peas, string beans, broccoli, etc)
- 2 Pouches Instant Mash Potatoes (6.6 ounces)
- 3 Packages Instant Brown Gravy Mix
- 4 T Full Fat Powdered Milk (Nido) – Optional
- Fully cook, drain, rinse and dehydrate 1 pound ground turkey.
- Dehydrate 12 ounce of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Package dehydrated items in labeled zip lock freezer bags.
- Rehydrate ground turkey in zip lock bag.
- Rehydrate ground vegetables in zip lock bag.
- Mix (or whisk) gravy packets with 3 cups of cold water.
- Drain rehydrated meat and vegetables and add to gravy. Bring combined contents to a boil. Decrease temperature and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- In separate pot, combine 4 cups of water with powdered milk, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, whisk in instant potatoes and let set for 5 minutes.
- Serve mash potatoes smothered in meat, veggies, and gravy.
- Dehydrated ground beef can be substituted, but turkey seems to rehydrate better.
- For vegetarian, substitute tofu for meat.
- Allow enough time for meat and vegetables to rehydrate prior to cooking.