The taste of a pizza, in the form of a quesadilla. This simple to make meal is the favorite of any child or child at heart. Use the standard pepperoni and cheese toppings, or get crazy with your own.
- 1 dozen 8 inch flour tortillas (size will fit in bottom of bear canister)
- 1 jar spaghetti/pasta sauce dehydrated
- 1 package pepperoni slices
- 12 single serve sticks of string cheese
- 1 small container of oil
- Dehydrate 1 jar of spaghetti/pasta sauce and place in zip lock freezer bag.
- Rehydrate spaghetti sauce in freezer bag.
- Spread 2-3 Tbls of spaghetti sauce on 1/2 of a tortilla.
- Shred 1 package of string cheese into strips and place onto sauce.
- Cover with 5-6 slices of pepperoni.
- Heat oil in skillet to medium temperature.
- Fold tortilla and place in fry pan.
- Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until nicely browned and cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve.
- Consider dehydrating and re-hydrating other traditional pizza toppings, including onions, mushrooms, and peppers.