Maybe not a staple in every household, but it certainly was in mine. The sweet and savory taste of this high calorie sandwich makes it perfect for backpacking.
- 8 slices of bread
- 6 oz of Peanut Butter
- 1 package precooked bacon
- Vacuum seal bread or package in freezer zip lock bags.
- Toast bread (optional).
- Heat bacon in pan (optional).
- Spread 3 Tbs of peanut butter on a slice of bread.
- Cover with 3 pieces of bacon.
- You can also substitute cheese for peanut butter, but that really misses the point of this personal favorite.