Getting pudding to set in the wilderness without refrigeration can be a challenge. This basic recipe has been modified to use less liquid. It will end up slightly sweeter, but less soupy in texture.
- 1 package Jello instant pudding mix
- 6 T Full Fat Powdered Milk (Nido)
- 1 ½ cups water (yes, this is less than package recommends)
- Repackage pudding mix and powdered milk in double zip lock bags.
- In a bowl, very gradually add water to the dry mixture, whisking constantly. If you add liquid too quickly, if will be very difficult to eliminate lumps.
- Allow mixture to set as much as practical before serving.
- To decrease cleanup, mix the pudding in a large zip lock bag, rather than whisking in a bowl. Eliminating lumps with this technique can be a challenge. Be careful not to burst the bag making an even worse mess.
- Consider spicing it up with additional toppings, such as dried fruit or dark chocolate chips.