This off-the-shelf Indian Curry sauce weighs a little more than most backpacking meals, but it is worth it. Combined with boil in the bag rice it makes a perfect meal.
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Indian Fare Jaipur Vegetables
- 1 bag of “boil in the bag” rice
- Remove curry foil pouch from box.
- Take 1 pouch of boil in rice (usually comes in 2 pack).
- Boil a medium size pot of water.
- Place curry pouch and rice bag in water.
- Wait 5-6 minutes.
- Serve and eat.
- If you are a non-vegetarian fisherman, this is a great meal to add fresh cooked trout.