There is nothing quite like fresh trout in the wilderness. This recipe is plain and simple, as it should be. Fish this fresh does not require fancy. Just a few of your favorite spices and you’re good to go.
One fish serves 1-2 people.
- Fresh Trout
- Your favorite spices
- Pack fishing rod.
- Pack fishing reel.
- Pack fishing license.
- Bring your luck.
- Clean trout (no need to skin).
- Place clean fish on foil.
- Season to taste (garlic, lemon pepper, etc).
- Wrap in foil.
- Place over hot coals or open flame.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side (do not over cook).
- Open foil to check. If cooked, skin should easily peel and flesh should flake off bone.
- Eat as is or combine with planned meal. Great in meals with rice and sauce.