Simply your favorite hot chili poured over a bed of warm pasta. This hearty favorite never fails to please your hungry backpackers.
- 2 cans of your favorite chili, dehydrated
- 12-16 ounces of dry pasta noodles
- Dehydrate your favorite homemade or canned chili in trays.
- Package and label dehydrated chili in freezer zip lock bags.
- Rehydrate chili in zip lock bags by covering with warm water. Only add as much water as will be absorbed by the chili for a nice thick texture. It is easier to add more water over time, then to try to remove it once soupy.
- Boil water in large sauce pan, and cook noodles per package instructions.
- Heat rehydrated chili in medium sauce pan.
- Serve hot chili poured over cooked noodles, in desired proportions.
- To accelerate chili rehydration, you can hand massage the chili and water in the zip lock bag.
- For a one pot meal, cook and drain noodles first, then stir in rehydrated chili with noodles and reheat.
- Vegetarian chili can also be substituted.
- Mix it up with a variety of noodle types, such as Trader Joes cheese filled tortellini.