A perfect hearty breakfast for a late start or layover day. While the biscuits are more like pancakes, the taste is pure traditional biscuits and country gravy.
- 1 package Just Add Water Biscuit or Pancake Mix
- 1 package Instant Country Gravy
- 2 & 2/3 cups of water.
- 1 small plastic container of cooking oil
- 1 bag bacon bits topping (optional)
- If using bulk biscuit mix, pre-measure into plastic zip lock bag and label.
- Pour country gravy mix into a small sauce pan.
- Very gradually whisk 2 cups cold water into the gravy mix.
- While stirring, bring gravy mix to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix with 2/3 cup water. Stir until there are no lumps.
- Oil a small fry pan and bring to medium heat (a drop of water should sizzle and dance in the pan).
- Spoon in batter, covering with a lid or foil to accelerate cooking.
- Flip pancake when bubbles form and edges dry. They should be golden brown.
- Cook a few minutes more on other side, then serve hot smothered with warm country gravy.
- Serve with pre-cooked bacon, or sprinkle top with bacon bits.
- For creamer gravy, add 4 T full fat powdered milk mix.